Re: patch to add AES intrinsics to gcc

From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald_at_pfeifer.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 22:42:22 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013, Claude Buisson wrote:
> Perhaps you could have a look at the fact that lang/gcc is at 4.6.3,
> and lang/gcc46 is no more a snapshot but a true release 4.6.4.

I am aware of that.  Owed to a strongly voiced desire by users,
I am triggering a rebuild of lang/gcc as rarely as possible.  So,
instead of going from 4.6.4 and soon 4.7.x, I submitted an update
to 4.7.3 to portmgr for an -exp run last weekend.

> IMHO, lang/gcc must be discontinued, or updated to 4.6.4 and
> lang/gcc46 discontinued ?

Neither. :-)

Of all lang/gcc* ports, lang/gcc is the one to use (and hence keep).

And lang/gcc46, lang/gcc47,... will remain in place for a while for
use by those interested in an older version (or broken ports requiring
one) or those interested in tracker newer versions.

Gerald