Re: patch to add AES intrinsics to gcc

From: Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 15:12:31 +0300
23.08.2013 12:58, Bernhard Fröhlich wrote:
> I don't know if you are aware that IF you really do that we will have serious
> problems to ship packages for 10. USE_GCC=any is the fallback in the
> portstree for all ports that are unable to build with clang which was introduced
> when HEAD switched to clang as default cc. Right now there are 150 ports in
> the tree that use this fallback and quite a few of them are high profile ports:
>
> the highlights:
> audio/nas devel/mingw32-binutils emulators/qemu emulators/virtualbox-ose
> emulators/wine lang/go lang/v8 mail/courier math/fftw3 multimedia/libxine
> multimedia/gstreamer multimedia/gstreamer-plugins multimedia/x264
> security/clamav
>
> the full list:
> http://dpaste.com/1354075/
>
> A possible hack could be to add a check for USE_GCC=any to behave like
> a USE_GCC=yes on HEAD on the affected platforms. This pulls in lang/gcc
> from ports for a lot of people on HEAD I suppose.

I object. Many ports that compiles perfectly on gcc 4.2.1 can't be
compiled with lang/gcc. I checked this once and the number of ports that
require strictly gcc 4.2.1 was bigger for me then number of ports that
can't be compiled with clang but fill fine on lang/gcc.

I'll gonna recheck whether lang/gcc42 is sufficient for them. But I have
that bad feeling...

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.