Re: 10-RC2 current wireless link aggregation not working correctly

From: dan_partelly <dan_partelly_at_rdsor.ro>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 11:52:08 +0200
Guys,

Id like to work a bit on this issue in my free time, I have 2 weeks
holiday
after Xmass.

First an update on lagg for the case you boot with wired coupled:

1. I previously said lagg0 switches correctly when I unplug the wired
interface, but it is not so. It appeared so because I used "ifconfig"
and listed all interfaces. If I do a ifconfig lagg0 specifically
the network activity DOES NOT resume, and  the output shows that the
interface was not switched.
2. network activity resumes when you specifically do ifconfig bge0 (
master wired).

Second:

1. Please tell me if one of the developers made on their personal pages
a intro how to set up a solid kernel development intro. It would save me
a lot  of time considering I never set up such an environment for
any Unix like OS. I only worked in kernel development for NT and later
derived kernels. I can allocate two core 2 machines for this task , with
fire-wire, USN and Ethernet connectivity

2. Any other resources which you can come up from your head which I can
print and read are also appreciated.

Dan