Re: 10-RC2 current wireless link aggregation not working correctly

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:17:23 -0800
Hi!

On 20 December 2013 01:52, dan_partelly <dan_partelly_at_rdsor.ro> wrote:
> Guys,
>

> Id like to work a bit on this issue in my free time, I have 2 weeks
> holiday
> after Xmass.
>
> First an update on lagg for the case you boot with wired coupled:
>
> 1. I previously said lagg0 switches correctly when I unplug the wired
> interface, but it is not so. It appeared so because I used "ifconfig"
> and listed all interfaces. If I do a ifconfig lagg0 specifically
> the network activity DOES NOT resume, and  the output shows that the
> interface was not switched.
> 2. network activity resumes when you specifically do ifconfig bge0 (
> master wired).

Hm. Well, doing an ifconfig bge0 will likely do a bunch of queries to
the NIC to figure out what the current link status is.

I bet what's happening is that the link status isn't being updated
correctly, so lagg doesn't flip over.

> Second:
>
> 1. Please tell me if one of the developers made on their personal pages
> a intro how to set up a solid kernel development intro. It would save me
> a lot  of time considering I never set up such an environment for
> any Unix like OS. I only worked in kernel development for NT and later
> derived kernels. I can allocate two core 2 machines for this task , with
> fire-wire, USN and Ethernet connectivity
>
> 2. Any other resources which you can come up from your head which I can
> print and read are also appreciated.

Have a read of the FreeBSD handbook:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/

And if you have questions about the networking side of things, please
don't hesitate to email the list(s). We can turn whatever
question/answers you have into a chapter or two in the handbook.

-a