Re: FreeBSD 10.0-RC3 Now Available

From: Mathieu Arnold <mat_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 17:21:12 +0100
+--On 27 décembre 2013 10:17:14 -0600 "Matthew D. Fuller"
<fullermd_at_over-yonder.net> wrote:
| On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 03:33:23PM +0100 I heard the voice of
| Mathieu Arnold, and lo! it spake thus:
|>
|> All you have to do is adapt it to run your particular setup,
|> replacing da0 with the correct disk (and running it for each disk
|> where your pool is, in my case, it was mfid0 and mfid1.)
|
| I've taken to just dumping a rewrite-bootcode.sh script in /boot/ on
| systems.  That way I don't have to remember or re-figure the
| invocation, or worry about typos, or whatnot.  Makes it easy to just
| kick the script after every installworld whether I really need it or
| not, without having to think about it.

You *don't* need it after installworld, or freebsd-update install.
You *only* need it if you *explicitly* run "zpool upgrade yourzpool". And
if you do that, zpool upgrade tells you to run it.
If you forget to run zpool upgrade, or you don't run it, you don't need to
upgrade the bootcode.

--
Mathieu Arnold