Re: FreeBSD 10.0-RC3 Now Available

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd_at_over-yonder.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 10:17:14 -0600
On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 03:33:23PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Mathieu Arnold, and lo! it spake thus:

> All you have to do is adapt it to run your particular setup,
> replacing da0 with the correct disk (and running it for each disk
> where your pool is, in my case, it was mfid0 and mfid1.)

I've taken to just dumping a rewrite-bootcode.sh script in /boot/ on
systems.  That way I don't have to remember or re-figure the
invocation, or worry about typos, or whatnot.  Makes it easy to just
kick the script after every installworld whether I really need it or
not, without having to think about it.

e.g.,

    % cat /boot/rewrite-bootcode.sh
    #!/bin/sh -x
    for i in /dev/ada0 /dev/ada1; do
            gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 ${i}
    done

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd_at_over-yonder.net