Time to kill fdc ?

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 11:06:44 +0000
I tried to read a floppy disk yesterday.

When was the last time anybody tried that with a FreeBSD release ?

Based on my brief experiments yesterday, 6.X is the last release
where accessing floppy disks carry less than a 10% risk of a panic.

Unless somebody fixes the fdc driver to work in -current, I intend
to dust of my axe and cut it from the tree later this spring.