Re: 7+ days of dogfood

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 09:31:50 -0800
On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 09:05:22AM -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On 10 February 2013 08:44, Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
>
> > Without it, the build infrastructure was selecting -march=i486,
> > which produced even worse results.  Several ports would not
> > compile because llvm's integrated assembler was given invalid
> > assembly constructs.
>
> Have you submitted bugs? :)

No.  At the time, I was more concerned with returning my laptop
to some functioning form than worrying about why building xfig
was dying with an invalid assembly instruction.  I also don't
see a point in submitting a bug report of the form 'Firefox
dies with a segfault after 10 seconds' when I can obtain no
other useful information.  In particular, bin/112408 suggests
a bug report about firefox would be enshrined in the PR database.

--
Steve