Re: Possible bug in NFSv4 with krb5p security?

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:50:16 -0500 (EST)
Elias Martenson wrote:
> Thank you for your help. I'm currently in the process of analysing
> what is happening inside gssd during these operations. I'll get back
> later with a summary of my findings.
>

> However, I have found a real bug this time. An honest to FSM kernel
> crash. This is how I reproduced it:
>

> - Kill gssd
> - Attempt to mount a kerberised NFS mount from the Linux machine
> - The mount attempt will hang because gssd isn't running
> - While the mount is hung, start gssd
> - Kernel crash
>

> What should I do about that one?

There was a patch applied to head about 2 months ago (r244370) to
stop crashes when the gssd was restarted. The patch is also here:
 http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/kgssapi.patch

I don't remember if you mentioned which kernel version you are
running, but this would also be in stable/9 of about 6 weeks ago,
but not in 9.1-release.

If your system has this patch and still crashes, please email
the backtrace for the crash. You can take a photo of it, if it
is a screen console.

rick