Re: Possible bug in NFSv4 with krb5p security?

From: Elias Mårtenson <lokedhs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:57:14 +0800
On 16 February 2013 18:58, Doug Rabson <dfr_at_rabson.org> wrote:

> This may be a stupid question but does the user 'elias' exist in the local
> password database?
>
> If you are using heimdal from the base distribution and you have source,
> you should be able to build them with debug information which may help.
> When I was writing gssd, I mostly ran it under gdb to debug problems like
> this. To build something in the base with debug information, go to the
> directory in the source tree for that component and type something like
> 'make DEBUG_FLAGS=-g clean all install'.

No worries. I do have that user (and everything else, specifically single
sign-on ssh) works with it. I do agree that if I had not that user, the
behaviour I see would be neatly explained.

When it comes to gssd, I've got its behaviour pretty well nailed down. It
does what it's supposed to do.

However, when I tried rebuilding libgssapi.so.10, I ended up with gssd
hanging when it used the new library. I have no idea why.

Would it be wise to upgrade from 9.1-RELEASE to something newer? I've seen
references to 10-CURRENT. I'd like to be debugging the latest version of
everything, but this machine also needs to serve as a fileserver for my
home office, so some degree of stability is needed.

Regards,
Elias