Re: Response of *.freebsd.org websites are very slow

From: Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 06:05:02 -0800
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Daniel Nebdal <dnebdal_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you're supposed to be automatically sent to the mirror that is
> closest to you - for some value of "closest". If the mirror you're
> getting has issues, that might show up like this. Could you post the
> output of "traceroute ftp.freebsd.org" ? It should show which mirror
> you're getting, and perhaps if there are any obvious problems on the
> way.
>
> Also, you can try setting PACKAGEROOT to e.g.
> ftp://ftp.beastie.tdk.net , to see if that makes pkg_add work better.
> That's the mirror closest to me - if that one works ok for you, it's
> another sign that the problem is with your local mirror. :)
>
> --
> Daniel Nebdal
>
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
> <m.e.sanliturk_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear All ,
> >
> > I have installed
> >

> https://pub.allbsd.org/FreeBSD-snapshots/amd64-amd64/10.0-HEAD-r247266-JPSNAP
> >
> > with a very nice steps flow and it has booted very well .
> >
> > During
> >
> > pkg_add -rv xorg
> >
> > it become necessary to try many times , and for other packages the action
> > is the similar .
> >
> > The response of pkg_add is "Address could not be found ." .
> >
> > Actually , this situation is started after security incident occurrence .
> >
> > Access to *.freebsd.org sites are so slow that many times  , web
> browsers
> > Firefox , Chromium are displaying a message to tell :
> > "Site is not found ... Try once more ..."
> >
> > To access to other sites in US may be considered instantaneous here in
> > Turkey .
> >

> > I think a solution may be supplied for this problem .
> >

> > Thank you very much .
> >
> > Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

Over FreeBSD 10.0  I have installed another operating system , because
after startx , fluxbox did
not start and there is no any desk top environment available as KDE or
Gnome in packages .

>From Linux :

traceroute ftp.freebsd.org

The response is :

ftp.freebsd.org : Name or service not known .
Can not handle "host" cmdline arg 'ftp.freebsd.org' on position 1 ( argc1 )

I tried netbsd , dragonflybsd , openbsd : All of the have responded .

I tried freebsd more than five times , no one of them succeeded .

When www is used instead of ftp , the above results are the similar .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk