Re: the latest version of Clang/LLVM for the world and kernel

From: deeptech71 <deeptech71_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:25:23 +0100
Excluding the build errors arising from code becoming incompatible with old headers [1], the use of the latest version of Clang/LLVM for the world and kernel is mostly hitch-free, if I

     (1)remove, from the Clang installation, the headers that are already available in /usr/include, ie.,
         $ cd /home/me/my_compilers/lib/clang/3.3/include
         $ rm float.h iso646.h limits.h tgmath.h and varargs.h
         $ rm stdalign.h stdarg.h stdbool.h stddef.h stdint.h stdnoreturn.h
         and
     (2) replace -fformat-extensions with -Wno-error-format in sys/conf/kern.mk.

On 02/15/2013 16:57, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2013-02-15 14:26, deeptech71 wrote:
>> During ``make installworld'':
>> * btxld: Command not found.
>> I had to append not only ``btxld'', but also ``ls dd cp'', to the ITOOLS variable in Makefile.inc1.
>
> There are apparently several things that can trigger that btxld error,
> but the usual one is that your system clock is out of whack.  I have
> never researched it too deeply; maybe somebody else can chip in here.

I did find my system clock "out of whack", but I've already fixed that weeks ago. I get the same error now. I don't recall getting the error when I was using the compiler in ${WORLDTMP} [1].

Also, there are still some eye-popping warnings (-Warray-bounds, -Wsizeof-pointer-memaccess, -Wuninitialized, -Wunsequenced) not apparently "fixed" yet.

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2013-February/040160.html