Re: [patch] Proposal: move getmntopts(3) into libutil

From: Sergey Kandaurov <pluknet_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:08:35 +0300
On 26 February 2013 16:20, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 02:39:26PM +0300, Sergey Kandaurov wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> The functions from sbin/mount/getmntopts.c are used in a bunch of other
>> stuff like mount_* utilities which have to suck them in as their own
>> functions in quite a hackish way. getmntopts.c copies are compiled in to
>> an every utility-consumer instead of being present in one place.  Looks
>> like getmntopts.c was brought together with mount_ufs.c in 4.4BSD-Lite.
>> After that other mount_* were converted to use getmntopts().
> Yes, this is ugly. On the other hand, compiling the functions into
> mount binaries makes them not to depend on the yet another library.
> It cannot be an argument for rejecting your patch, only a point to
> consider.

I'm afraid this is the price for the change. No better thoughts.

>> The attached patch moves them to the IMHO architecturally more correct
>> place: a separate library -lutil.
>> sbin/mount/mntopts.h            -> include/mntopts.h
> I think the mntopts.h should be moved to lib/libutil then, and installed
> by libutil Makefile.

That's reasonable, thanks. Patch is updated with your correction.
I have put it on freefall for convenience.
http://people.freebsd.org/~pluknet/patches/getmntopts.2.patch

>> sbin/mount/getmntopts.[3c]      -> lib/libutil/getmntopts.[3c]
> I assume that the move is done by 'svn mv' to preserve the history.

Yes. Unfortunately svn stat cannot nicely represent 'svn mv' ops.

--
wbr,
pluknet