problem after installkernel going from 9.0 to CURRENT

From: Robert Huff <roberthuff_at_rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 13:05:07 -0500
	(While this may not be a strictly CURRENT issue, I asked on questions_at_,
but have not found a solution.)

	Situation:
	One of my boxes failed, and for various reasons it became easier to
just scrub and rebuild it. Like its predecessor it will run CURRENT
	1) Using BSDinstall, I flushed then created the first disk:

ada2p1	freebsd-boot	128k
ada2p2	freebsd-swap	4g
ada2p3	freebsd-ufs	25g

	(There are non-bootable disks at ada0, -1, and -3.)

	2) Installed off the 9.0 CD, got it up and running, everything was good.
	3) Used csup (tag=.) to update the source tree as of 00:01 on 12/30.
	4a) Built world - OK.
	4b) Build kernel - OK.
	4c) Ran mergemaster - OK.
	4d) Installed kernel - OK.
	5) On rebooting, the loader(??) claims to not be able to find a
bootable partition - i.e. I get a screen that ends in "mountroot > ".
Providing the presumptive value by hand returns "error 19".
	6) Boot using installation CD and use "gpart show" to double check
device names and partitions; everything looks good.
	7) Try normal booting again, no go.

	This is my first time installing to a completely GPT partitioned
system, and I have (obviously) failed to grok something.  I checked
src/UPDATING and found nothing which covered this.
	What have I bungled, and how do I fix it?

	Respectfully,

					Robert Huff