Re: installworld failure due to cross-device links

From: Matt Burke <mattblists_at_icritical.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:18:58 +0000
On 01/02/13 13:26, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
> Thanks for the patch! I've committed it (slightly modified) as r244958.
> I haven't taken any action on the chgrp/chown issue, though.

Similarly, 'make distribution' fails when /root is a separate filesystem:

cd /usr/src/etc/root;  install -o root -g wheel -m 644  dot.profile
/tmproot/root/.profile;  rm -f /tmproot/.profile;  ln
/tmproot/root/.profile /tmproot/.profile
ln: /tmproot/.profile: Cross-device link
*** [distribution] Error code 1

Is there any real advantage of hard links over symlinks nowadays?

--
Sorry for the following...

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error, or there are any problems with its content, please contact the sender.

iCritical is a trading name of Critical Software Ltd. Registered in England: 04909220.
Registered Office: IC2, Keele Science Park, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5NH.

This message has been scanned for security threats by iCritical. www.icritical.com