Re: Filesystem wedges caused by r251446

From: Ian FREISLICH <ianf_at_clue.co.za>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 18:39:28 +0200
Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> > Yes.  This state of affairs doesn't happen on r251445 and further
> > testing on my side shows it doesn't hapen on all my amd64 servers.
> > It appears that this particular server type (Dell R200) running
> > amd64 with geom_mirror is affected.  I will have to test further
> > by destroying the mirror and removing it from the kernel and see
> > if I can still reproduce the issue.  Perhaps r251446 exposes
> > insufficient locking on opperations affecting these variables.
> No.  The lorunningspace is constant for the system lifetime.
> It can only be changed by the sysctl vfs.lorunningspace.
> Look into /etc/sysctl.conf or scripts which apply sysctl settings.

Wipes egg from face.

/etc/sysctl.conf:

vfs.hirunningspace=4194304

So, then did r251446 actually start using this value or did other
values get significantly tuned up?  I recall now setting this nearly
a year ago when we did our ZFS tuning and it was a four fold increase
on the defaults.

Sorry for the noise.

Ian

--