Re: [HEADSUP] No more pkg_install on HEAD by default

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 20:33:09 -0700
On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Teske, Devin <Devin.Teske_at_fisglobal.com>wrote:

> Can you do an "rquery" on a local repository? (say, one that has been
> mounted via NFS or some other media, local or otherwise but looking like a
> local filesystem once-mounted). What would be required to get a local
> repository like that going?

(1)  Install the port:  ports-mgmgt/poudriere , and follow the instructions
at: https://fossil.etoilebsd.net/poudriere/
(2)  Build your own repository of packages
(3)  Make that repository available in a local file system or NFS

I believe that "pkg" and "poudriere" address pretty much all the questions
you have been asking,
so you just need to set up the environment so that you can do experiments
to integrate it with bsdconfig.

PC-BSD and DragonFlyBSD have switched to using "pkg", so it is quite well
tested.

Baptiste and the rest of the pkgng and poudriere team have put a lot of
effort and thought into this,
and I believe you will be pleased with the results once you migrate over to
these tools.

--
Craig