Re: [HEADSUP] No more pkg_install on HEAD by default

From: Rainer Duffner <rainer_at_ultra-secure.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 01:24:22 +0200
Am 15.07.2013 um 00:43 schrieb Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_FreeBSD.org>:

> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 10:54 PM, Teske, Devin <Devin.Teske_at_fisglobal.com>wrote:
>

>> I assume that poudiere builds packages from ports.
>>

> Yes.
>

>> That's not how we build package repositories here (and would expect that
>> there are many more like us).
>>

> How do you build packages if you are not using FreeBSD ports?

If I understand him correctly, he uses packages built elsewhere and re-packages them into his own format?
http://druidbsd.sourceforge.net/download.shtml#pkgbase

I don't really see any value in this. At some point, his scripts etc. have to be packaged anyway?
It should not be a problem running one server/VM for each system.