(unknown charset) [HEADS UP] change in devfs path matching logic

From: (unknown charset) Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 17:39:47 +0300
I have just committed a significant change to devfs path matching logic
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/253677

Jaakko Heinonen (jh_at_) has full credit for the code while I have full
responsibility for any consequences of the commit.

Before this change the logic of matching the devfs paths to the patterns in
devfs rules was quite arcane.  Now this logic should be much simpler and logical
(sorry for tautology).

Please note that nothing changes with respect to matching simple paths like
/dev/something.  It is the complex paths that involve subdirectories that are
affected.

I think that if you knew how the old logic worked and were able to devise rules
for it, then you will have no problem to change those rules for the new logic.
Just please don't forget to do it when you upgrade!

I hope that overall you will find this change to be an improvement.

P.S. I notify stable_at_ because I currently plan to MFC this change after 1 month
period.  If you know a reason why the MFC should not be done, please alert me to it.
--
Andriy Gapon