Re: Cannot startx on FreeBSD10 Current

From: Mark Felder <feld_at_feld.me>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:24:03 -0500
On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:11:17 -0500, Miguel Clara <miguelmclara_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is this something that will be fixed anytime soon?
> What about the black screen on reboot? Is that normal?

That is also the same issue -- once you start KMS you can't get a tty
back, which is what would happen with other video drivers when you kill X
as part of the reboot process. I believe this is considered low priority
right now, but it will eventually behave properly.