Re: Cannot startx on FreeBSD10 Current

From: Miguel Clara <miguelmclara_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:05:13 +0000
On 06/14/13 15:24, Mark Felder wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:11:17 -0500, Miguel Clara <miguelmclara_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Is this something that will be fixed anytime soon?
>> What about the black screen on reboot? Is that normal?
>
> That is also the same issue -- once you start KMS you can't get a tty
back, which is what would happen with other video drivers when you kill
X as part of the reboot process. I believe this is considered low
priority right now, but it will eventually behave properly.

I wouldn't consider having no visual output from a laptop when you
reboot/shutdown low priority...
But that's not for me to decide... in any case is there any Bug
Report/PR open about this that we can follow up? I would like to keep up
to date with this.

And thanks for explaining the situation!