It's not as annoying as you may think.

From: Super Bisquit <superbisquit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 21:21:48 -0400
I have this laptop setup for i386 and can do testing of clang/llvm building
for a port, module, or otherwise.

On the side I have setup a laptop- i386 again- for a friend for
studio,audio and Dj'ing.
I'll get to the point.
I may be able to test things on i386 and PowerPC/PPC 32bit soon.

Then there is OSS emu10k and emu20k. I'm going to be needing to doing the
building on PPC and maybe SPARC64/Ultra. Has anyone tested OSS on these
architectures? And is it possible to update the sound driver to have the
most recent development of OSS?