Re: bin/152154: script(1) -k malfunctions with certain shells (e.g. tcsh, bash, zsh)

From: Kurt Jaeger <lists_at_c0mplx.org>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 23:36:10 +0200
Hi!

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/152154
>
> It has been suggested to me (by a committer) that I should raise the
> issue of this PR here on these lists, because the problem described
> within the PR remains a real problem, and despite my having proposed
> something that seems to be a perfectly workable fix, no action has
> been taken on this PR for some years now.

Having looked at the PR, may I suggest that you look at sysutils/screen
and screen -L especially instead of script -k -- and add some
input logging to screen ? Or, for the tmux fraction, at sysutils/tmux ?

I'm not sure why you absolutly *need* the input logging -- can you
describe the use case ? Is it some security-audit-issue ?

--
pi_at_opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         7 years to go !