Unexpected behavior change [FreeBSD]make -> bmake

From: David O'Brien <obrien_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 18:03:16 -0700
For some reason bmake is now using share/mk/ from within a source tree
instead of the installation in /usr/share/mk/:

   /w/10/usr.bin/xinstall$ bmake
   bmake: "/b/deo/10/share/mk/bsd.own.mk" line 444: MK_BMAKE can't be set by a user.

I believe this is against POLA as there is no guarantee that a share/mk/
within the source tree is parseable by the invoked /usr/bin/bmake.  It is
/usr/share/mk/ that is guaranteed to be consistent with /usr/bin/make.

I see this as synonymous with using headers from lib/libc/ within the
source tree vs. /usr/include (which match the /lib/libc.so) when
building in this same way.  I think we can all agree that is wrong
(the headers that match the libc that is being linked against needs
to be used).

Can we go back to the pre-16-May-2013 behavior?

--
-- David  (obrien_at_FreeBSD.org)