RE: Intel D2500CC motherboard and strange RS232/UART behavior

From: Weiß, Jürgen <weiss_at_uni-mainz.de>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 11:26:29 +0000
Hello Lev,

to be precise, I disabled serial ports 3 and 4 and
swapped ports 1 and 2 to the back panel in the
machine's BIOS.

Then I added a test to the ioapic_config_intr function
to detect the  trig == INTR_TRIGGER_EDGE and
pol == INTR_POLARITY_LOW case and to rewrite it to
INTR_TRIGGER_EDGE and INTR_TRIGGER_HIGH.

I have not tried to enable port 3 and 4 because I
cannot test them (could not find the necessary
connectors).

Regards

Juergen Weiss      |Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
weiss_at_uni-mainz.de |55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX: +49(6131)39-26407