Re : newcons comming

From: <dt71_at_gmx.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 00:48:56 +0100
On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 10:45:32 +0200
> dt71 at gmx.com wrote:
> > Suppose that Newcons gets in quickly. I use a Radeon 9600 card. Will
> > I see something useful on my screen (with KMS and the new Xorg and
> > things like that), or will my screen be black?
>
> Yup, you will get normal virtual terminal, but a bit bigger than
> 640x480. It is main reason why x11 team ask me to merge newcons ASAP.
> Newcons can use framebuffer provided by DRM.
>
> Try it yourself.

You have successfully volunteered to diagnose why a graphical display fails to start when ports are built using
   WITH_NEW_XORG=1
   WITH_KMS=1
   WITH_GALLIUM=1

I still have a very custom kernel containing
   device drm
   device radeondrm
and no loadable modules, so I'll be back with a situation report after building and installing a more GENERIC kernel.