Re: zpool requires re-import on reboot

From: Allan Jude <freebsd_at_allanjude.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 03:55:02 -0500
On 2013-11-20 02:49, Beeblebrox wrote:
> Alan: This corrects the "zpool import" problem (thanks for that):
> zpool_cache_type="/boot/zfs/zpool.cache"
> zpool_cache_name="/boot/zfs/zpool.cache"
>
> But boot still drops to single user and needs "zfs mount -a" to locate the
> fstab entries.
> Some datasets have canmount=noauto (but have a corresponding fstab entry).
> However, the primary dataset of the zpool (where dataset name = zpoll name)
> for both pools has canmount=on.
> One other "non-standard" property I have is that the dataset name is
> different than mountpoint (zfs set mountpoint=/some other folder)
> Nothing else out of the ordinary that I can think of.
>
> Regards.
>

> -----
> FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS
> --

having zfs_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf should automatically run 'zfs
mount -a' during boot, and you shouldn't have this problem

What does the output of this command look like:

zfs get -r -t filesystem canmount,mountpoint $poolname

in the zfsboot script, some datasets have canmount=off on purpose, /usr
has it so that /usr/bin goes in the root dataset, but the dataset is
required to create a separate /usr/local dataset

--
Allan Jude