Re: rcs is gone?

From: Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon_at_orthanc.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 14:08:19 -0700
On 2013-10-07, at 2:02 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon_at_orthanc.ca> wrote:

> I use ci/co every single day to track changes to individual config files on individual machines.  For simple things like ntp.conf, rc.conf, sysctl.conf, a simple 'ci -l xxx' is a trivial way to maintain local revision control.

And sorry, what I left out was how having ci/co in the base is immensely helpful with the installer scripts I write.  The server installation scripts I've cooked up use ci(1) to keep a record of changes made during the (possibly customized) installation process.  This is impossible if there isn't a basic RCS in the base system.