Re: iconv in base breaks multiple ports

From: Ulrich Spörlein <uqs_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 22:53:25 +0200
2013/10/22 Ulrich Spörlein <uqs_at_freebsd.org>:
> 2013/10/22 Tijl Coosemans <tijl_at_coosemans.org>:

>>> Right, I had to set USE_GCC=any and muck with -liconv flags of course to
>>> get it to build.
>>
>> Hmm, does this mean you still have libiconv installed?  Because then
>> your crashes may be because some libraries use libc iconv and others
>> libiconv iconv.
>
> No no, the port just blindly links against libiconv and I had to patch
> that, obviously. My system is clean of any libiconv-from-ports.
>
> But as a next step, I shall now build base w/o iconv and bring back
> libiconv from ports to see if that fixes my issues.

... and the verdict is in. Building src w/o iconv, then re-installing
converters/libiconv and rebuilding the ports fixes at least
newsbeuter, I'll now let multimedia/xbmc (and requirements) rebuild
over night and then prepare a patch to allow -CURRENT + libiconv for
those people that like a working system.

I'm also looping re_at_ in, as they might want to hear about showstoppers
for the 10.0 release.

Cheers,
Uli