Re: iconv in base breaks multiple ports

From: Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi.sergio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 04:30:12 -0200

> ... and the verdict is in. Building src w/o iconv, then re-installing
> converters/libiconv and rebuilding the ports fixes at least
> newsbeuter, I'll now let multimedia/xbmc (and requirements) rebuild
> over night and then prepare a patch to allow -CURRENT + libiconv for
> those people that like a working system.
>
> I'm also looping re_at_ in, as they might want to hear about showstoppers
> for the 10.0 release.
>
> Cheers,
> Uli

I have built a system from scratch freeBSD11 all without libiconv
because I need to test the radeonkm (everything works as expected with
accelerated video)
and than full gnome2 (about 980 packages) including libreoffice,
firefox, vlc,
mono, monodevelop, gnome-subtilles... and everything works
in the libiconv port there is a trap that prevents it from building in a
system > freeBSD10...
the only problem was: inkscape and net-snmp... but the last version of
svn works...

Hope clarify things for you....  if you need the packages I can give
access in the internet...