Re: New iSCSI stack.

From: Outback Dingo <outbackdingo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 16:03:59 -0400
On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Alfred Perlstein <bright_at_mu.org> wrote:

> On 9/5/13 3:27 AM, Edward Tomasz NapieraƂa wrote:
>
>> Hello.  At http://people.freebsd.org/~**trasz/cfiscsi-20130904.diff<http://people.freebsd.org/~trasz/cfiscsi-20130904.diff>you'll find
>> a patch which adds the new iSCSI initiator and target, against 10-CURRENT.
>> To use the new initiator, start with "man iscsictl".  For the target -
>> "man
>> ctld".
>>
>> All feedback is welcome.  If nothing unexpected comes up, I'll commit it
>> in a few days from now.  Note that it's still not optimized; at this point
>> I'm focusing more on reliability and interoperability.
>>
>> This work is being sponsored by FreeBSD Foundation.

>>  Edward, this is really exciting!
>
> Is there an easy way to use the userland iscsi configuration files?
>
> We would love to quickly backport and ship this with FreeNAS as an option
> for our users, having the config files be the same OR having a very good
> converter would really make that much easier for us.
>

> your going to have to backport more then just this as capsicum and the ICL
stuff is iSCSI Common Layer, we went to try but kept getting caught up in
the ICL breakage also, but removal of all references in the patch to
capsicum, it was 4-6 files i belive, will get at least ctld and iscsi to
build, now you need the new cam which needs better eyes then mine to fix in
a back port due to icl version differences in 9 and 10.