Re: AFFECTS: 10-CURRENT users with any port depending on converters/libiconv

From: Guido Falsi <madpilot_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 14:27:48 +0200
On 09/07/13 14:10, olli hauer wrote:
> There are 13 ports using --with-iconv=${LOCALBASE}
>   devel/apr1
>   devel/apr2
>   devel/git
>   irc/epic5
>   lang/gauche
>   net-mgmt/ettercap
>   net/ssltunnel-client
>   net/yaz
>   net/zebra-server
>   textproc/libxml2
>   textproc/py-libxml2
>   www/apache22
>   www/apache24

Most of these do work anyway. I'm sure about various of these. I have
them working on my PCs. This does not mean they don't need to be tweaked
anyway, but they have lower priority.

net-mgmt/ettercap is known broken and I have it in my pipe. I'm giving
this all the time I can, but I can''t spend too much time on this right
now. I'm going to check these and fix the broken ones asap.

> and devel/glib20, print/ghostscript8, print/ghostscript9 using
>   --with-libiconv=gnu
>   --with-libiconv=native
>   --with-libiconv=no
>   --with-libiconv=no

glib20 I already fixed in the big commit. uses native or gnu where
appropriate. I'll also have a look at the ghostscript ports asap, but at
least ghostscript9 I have seen it working on my PCs.

> Unfortunately Uses/iconv.mk defines only --with-libiconv(-prefix).
>
> If Uses/iconv.mk can be extended with something like ICON_PATH, then
> the 13 ports can be changed quickly to use the right iconv.

Most of those will use the right iconv anyway if only one is found.
Extending iconv.mk should be discussed with portmgr, adding a variable
shouldn't be a problem though.

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot_at_FreeBSD.org>