Re: AFFECTS: 10-CURRENT users with any port depending on converters/libiconv

From: Boris Samorodov <bsam_at_passap.ru>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 18:24:46 +0400
07.09.2013 16:27, Guido Falsi пишет:
> On 09/07/13 14:10, olli hauer wrote:
>> There are 13 ports using --with-iconv=${LOCALBASE}
>>   devel/apr1
>>   devel/apr2
>>   devel/git
>>   irc/epic5
>>   lang/gauche
>>   net-mgmt/ettercap
>>   net/ssltunnel-client
>>   net/yaz
>>   net/zebra-server
>>   textproc/libxml2
>>   textproc/py-libxml2
>>   www/apache22
>>   www/apache24
>
> Most of these do work anyway. I'm sure about various of these. I have
> them working on my PCs. This does not mean they don't need to be tweaked
> anyway, but they have lower priority.
>
> net-mgmt/ettercap is known broken and I have it in my pipe. I'm giving
> this all the time I can, but I can''t spend too much time on this right
> now. I'm going to check these and fix the broken ones asap.

Broken (at least as in "does not build") is only net-mgmt/ettercap.
For the latter a have a patch (not clean to install, but the port builds
fine).

>> and devel/glib20, print/ghostscript8, print/ghostscript9 using
>>   --with-libiconv=gnu
>>   --with-libiconv=native
>>   --with-libiconv=no
>>   --with-libiconv=no
>>

> glib20 I already fixed in the big commit. uses native or gnu where
> appropriate. I'll also have a look at the ghostscript ports asap, but at
> least ghostscript9 I have seen it working on my PCs.
>

>> Unfortunately Uses/iconv.mk defines only --with-libiconv(-prefix).
>>
>> If Uses/iconv.mk can be extended with something like ICON_PATH, then
>> the 13 ports can be changed quickly to use the right iconv.

Well, at least at net-mgmt/ettercap configure script should be fixed,
as it uses hardcode "-liconv" while testing.

> Most of those will use the right iconv anyway if only one is found.
> Extending iconv.mk should be discussed with portmgr, adding a variable
> shouldn't be a problem though.

I have a (not yet tested) patch introducing ICONV_PREFIX variable,
defaults to ${LOCALBASE} and /usr respectively.

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve