RE: mountroot> while booting r255342 memstick

From: Uzumaki Naruto <narutopc_at_outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 01:11:08 +0000
> Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:56:10 -0400
> From: gjb_at_FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: mountroot> while booting r255342 memstick
>
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:44:31AM +0000, Uzumaki Naruto wrote:
> > > Is this USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port?
> > >
> > > Glen
> > >

> > Hi Glen,
> > This laptop got 3 USB ports,
> > 1 - 3.0 (blue colored),
> > 2 - 2.0 (black colored)
> >
> > tried on both, 2.0 and 3.0, same result.
> >

> Hmm.  Can you check if your BIOS has a "Legacy USB" option, and make
> sure it is enabled?  We are aware of some BIOSes that do not support
> GPT-boot (meaning, they require the MBR).  We are working on fixing
> this, so we will either have a single memstick image with both MBR and
> GPT boot ability, or maybe two separate memstick images (which will be
> far more confusing...).
>
> It is possible you have one of these BIOSes, unfortunately, but please
> try my suggestion about enabling Legacy USB, if it is not already
> enabled.
>
> Glen

Sorry for corrupted this mailing list thread view, kinda new with this,

The laptop bios is Phoniex SecureCore Tiano, I don't see "Legacy USB" option,
Bios Main page,

Quite Boot : [Disabled]
Network Boot : [Disabled]
F12 Boot Menu: [Enabled]
D2D Recovery: [Disabled]
Wake on Lan: [Disabled]
SATA Mode: [AHCI Mode] or [IDE Mode]

If the issue is GPT and MBR, I am quite sure this laptop BIOS doesn't support GPT disk type, because OEM Acer only gave GPT supported BIOS for model that pre-loaded with Windows 8.