Re: Adding Encryption Algorithm to Kernel

From: John-Mark Gurney <jmg_at_funkthat.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 09:52:22 -0700
Shady Elhamy wrote this message on Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 13:00 +0200:
> I am working on a project and i want to add an encryption algorithm to
> freeBSD kernel.

Well, what are you going to do with the algorithm?  and what algorithm
are you trying to add?

Currently we have two interfaces for algorithms...  The OpenCrypto
framework designed for allowing providers to be abstracted out such
that they can be accelerated...

And of course the direct call interface, which implies that it will not
need acceleration (only one or two blocks processed at a time)...  In
that case, just adding it as another KPI is easiest...

> What are the steps ? Which files should i change ?
>
> I have searched the internet and the forums and mailing lists, but couldn't
> find anything. I was hoping you could help me out.

I'm doing work right now to add AES-GCM and a couple other algorithms
to OpenCrypto...

If you let me know more about what you're trying to do, I'll help you..

Thanks.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579