Re: RFT: Please help testing the llvm/clang 3.5.0 import

From: NGie Cooper <yaneurabeya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:17:59 -0800
On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Dimitry Andric <dim_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Dimitry,
    As a request to speed up the build process further,
    - Would it be [easily] possible in the clang35 branch to bootstrap
the compiler for a specific architecture? The bootstrap / cross
compiler for instance always builds N targets instead of building just
the desired TARGET/TARGET_ARCH combo.
    - Could a "MK_CLANG_ALL_TARGETS" or something similar option be
added to src.opts.mk to fine tune this process for those of us who
don't want to build a cross-compile toolchain every iteration for our
target MACHINE/MACHINE_ARCH?
    I made a lot of progress on my faster-build branch (
https://github.com/yaneurabeya/freebsd/tree/faster-build ), but got
mired down in the minutiae of how this needs to be implemented (it
worked up until I ran make tinderbox, of course :)..), and had to work
on other things...
Thanks!