Re: newcons comming

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 13:24:18 -0800
[snip]

My experiences with newcons/drm2:

* suspend/resume occasionally throws up a panic in the softclock code,
with some vaguely invalid looking newcons timer entry. THis happens
after it comes out of suspend, after af ew seconds. It sucks and makes
things rather unusable.
* Occasionally a resume results in control not going back to xorg
correctly. I have to vt switch to vty0 and back to xorg
* Occasionally the text drawing is garbage - the text cells are
correct (ie spaces where there's spaces, text where there's text) but
the character contents are totally different/garbage. I have to switch
vts to fix this.

-a