Re: HEADS UP: Updated llvm/clang to 3.4 in r261991

From: David Chisnall <theraven_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:16:11 +0000
On 16 Feb 2014, at 20:38, Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I hope it will be ready to appear in 3.5 release.  There is currently an
> experimental version, based on clang 3.3, published here:
>
> http://clang-omp.github.io/

I'd like to see this version in ports so that we could build ports with an OpenMP-enabled clang if they needed clang, but unfortunately the Intel OpenMP runtime needs some porting.  I spent a while trying to get it to build, but their build system is a horrible mess of Makefiles and Perl and I couldn't even get it to try to compile to see what actually needed changing.  I expect that it will be fairly minimal, given that it supports OS X and Linux already.

David