Re: Import of DragonFly Mail Agent

From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 19:24:02 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 24 Feb 2014, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

> What would really help is if the ports fetch-recursive-list target could
> extend to reliably include the distfiles for the runtime dependencies as
> well.  But I'm not even sure that's possible.  We tried a few different
> things, but in the end we had to brute force it by running 'make fetch'
> in every one of the ports directories in order to get all the distfiles
> onto an external system, which we then rsynced to a USB drive, marched
> inside, and rsynced to the fileserver.  Not pretty ... but with all the
> distfiles at hand we knew the inside ports builds wouldn't fail due to
> missing dependencies.

I'm rather confused by why it isn't working for you.
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/Mk/bsd.port.mk?revision=345884&view=markup#l5187
is quite clearly looking in ALL-DEPENDS-LIST, which includes runtime
dependencies.  The only thing I can think of is that non-default
configurations are in play, so that 'make config && make config-recursive'
should be (re-)run until it does not prompt, and only then
fetch-recursive-list be used.  I suppose there could be broken ports that
always prompt (ISTR kde used to do this), but I thought we had moved away
from that.

-Ben