Re: FreeBSD iscsi target

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 12:56:18 -0700
On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Edward Tomasz NapieraƂa <trasz_at_freebsd.org>
wrote:

> As for the target, I wrote a script to test it against both old and new
> FreeBSD initiators, Linux initiator (Open-iSCSI) and Solaris one; you
> can find it at tools/regression/iscsi/.  I also did manual testing with
> Windows XP and Windows Vista.  I don't remember if I actually succeeded
> to do any testing with ESX (trying to run ESX under Fusion is not such
> a good idea, it turns out), but I got a 3rd party report that it worked
> correctly.
>
> As for the initiator, I did manual testing against istgt, LIO (Linux)
> and COMSTAR (Solaris).
>

> For now I'm swamped with work on autofs, but I'd definitely want to redo
> all the testing before 10.1 - last time I did it was just before 10.0.

Good stuff!    When you have more time, I highly recommend that you
collaborate with iXsystems (contact dev_at_ixsystems.com )
, since they can help you with doing interop testing with VMWare ESX and
Windows Server
environments.  It is a lot of work to set up those environments and do the
testing,
but those environments are what are most heavily used in the real world
data centers,
and a number of customers are interested in using FreeNAS/TrueNAS (FreeBSD)
as a backend storage
to those operating systems.

--
Craig