Re: Future of pf / firewall in FreeBSD ? - does it have one ?

From: Mark Felder <feld_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 10:27:51 -0500
We've already heard of Henning offering to help port a new pf but the olive branch has been extended even further. He responded to some comments of mine on twitter:

_at_HenningBrauer: _at_rhymebyter _at_feldpos I offered help/advice to whomever seriously attempts to update pf in _at_dragonflybsd AND _at_freebsd.

_at_HenningBrauer: _at_feldpos it takes someone in freebsd/netbsd/dragonfly to update their ancient pf versions, then code can flow bidirectional

Technical hurdles aside, that sounds like the beginning of an OpenPf to me...