Re: Future of pf / firewall in FreeBSD ? - does it have one ?

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_komquats.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 11:43:38 -0700
In message <53D395E4.1070006_at_fastmail.net>, Darren Reed writes:

> > Taking this discussion slightly sideways but touching on this thread a
> > little, each of our packet filters will need nat66 support too. Pf doesn't
> > support it for sure. I've been told that ipfw may and I suspect ipfilter
> > doesn't as it was on Darren's todo list from 2009.
>
> ipfiler 5 handles fragments for ipv6.

Switching gears and leaving the discussion of ipv6 fragments to mention
nat66. A lot of people have been talking about nat66. I could be wrong but
I don't think it can handle nat66. I need to do some testing to verify
this. I remember reading on sourceforge that it was on your todo list. It
doesn't look like it was checked off as being completed.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_komquats.com>