Re: [CFT] Autofs.

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:51:19 -0700
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:19 AM, Edward Tomasz NapieraƂa <trasz_at_freebsd.org
> wrote:

> At the link below you will find a patch that adds the new automounter.
> The patch is against yesterdays 11.0-CURRENT.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~trasz/autofs-head-20140729.diff

Hi,

Nice stuff!  I updated a current system, and tried the patch.
I put autofs_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf

In my network, I have a system, testhost with some NFS exports.

 /dir1/export1
 /dir1/export2
 /dir1/export3

I did:

 cd /net/testhost

This operation seemed to timeout.
In dmesg, I saw these errors:

  WARNING: autofs_callout: request 0 for /net/ timed out after 30 seconds
  WARNING: autofs_trigger_one: request for /net/ completed with error 60
  autofs_trigger: trigger failed with error 60; will retry in 1 seconds, 2
attempts left
  WARNING: autofs_callout: request 1 for /net/ timed out after 30 seconds
  WARNING: autofs_trigger_one: request for /net/ completed with error 60
  autofs_trigger: trigger failed with error 60; will retry in 1 seconds, 1
attempts left
  WARNING: autofs_callout: request 2 for /net/ timed out after 30 seconds
  WARNING: autofs_trigger_one: request for /net/ completed with error 60
  autofs_trigger: trigger failed 3 times; returning error 60

I used my Mac laptop in the same network, and did:

 cd /net/testhost

and the command did not timeout, and I could do an ls and see that
/net/testhost/dir1/ was visible.

Any ideas?

This is cool stuff, and I hope you can get it into the 10.1 RELEASE.

--
Craig