Re: iwn driver issue

From: Edward Tomasz Napiera??a <trasz_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 21:36:35 +0200
On 0613T1058, David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:34:00PM -0500, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > This isn't this first time this has been reported, right?
> >
> > I think we may need to back this patch out until it's better resolved.
>
> I normally don't spend a huge amount of time in head -- enough to build
> it & do a quick smoke-test.  So it's certainly possible that it merits
> further exploration.  And I'm willing experiment, but I cannot test it
> while I'm at work (as I don't use the wireless NIC at work -- I use it
> almost exclusively while I'm at home (and other places), though).

It would be great if you could help me with this.  Basically you need
to enable crashdumps, as described below, and obtain a backtrace.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

Just for the record, the easiest way to make iwn firmware panic
is to enter ddb (ctrl-alt-esc), wait five seconds and exit it
("c<enter>").