Re: Problems building FreeBSD 9.2 on FreeBSD 10

From: Luigi Rizzo <rizzo_at_iet.unipi.it>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 22:55:00 +0200
On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_freebsd.org>
wrote:

> Simon,
>
> Do you know if there is some sort of patch that can be applied to
> FreeBSD stable/9 sources so that it can be built on a FreeBSD
> 10/stable, or FreeBSD CURRENT
> host with bmake?
>
> I'm trying to build a FreeBSD stable/9 jail on a FreeBSD 10/stable host,
> so that
> I can build ports inside the jail with poudriere.

​i had recently a build failure similar to the one you
see below, and it seemed to be due to some (unclear which)
missing dependencies that caused two failures:
- toolchain fails, and it requires 'buildworld' to properly
  build a cross environment
- races with "make -j X ..." with high X. I ended up
  doing a sequential build.

cheers
luigi