Re: Problems building FreeBSD 9.2 on FreeBSD 10

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 16:02:58 -0700
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com> wrote:

> OK. I must be daft, or maybe just missing something. But I can build 9.3
> almost branch point on a current jail running on a 10.x system (to simulate
> the 9 on current case). I don't see the problem being talked about at all.
> As for 9 on 10, I was also able to do a build, but my 10.x system may not
> have been pristine.

I was able to reproduce the problem by building FreeNAS/master branch
(which uses FreeBSD 9.2-ish sources)
on a FreeBSD 10 host, using "make make buildworld"
as suggested by Glen.

The FreeNAS build generates is following make.conf file and uses
that to build FreeBSD 9.2.  It works fine on a FreeBSD-9 host, but bombs
out on a FreeBSD 10 host.

#WITHOUT_ACPI=true
WITHOUT_ATM=true
WITHOUT_BIND_DNSSEC=true
WITHOUT_BIND_ETC=true
WITHOUT_BIND_LIBS_LWRES=true
WITHOUT_BIND_NAMED=true
WITHOUT_BLUETOOTH=true
WITHOUT_CALENDAR=true
WITHOUT_CTM=true
WITHOUT_CVS=true
WITHOUT_DICT=true
WITHOUT_EXAMPLES=true
WITHOUT_FORTRAN=true
WITHOUT_FREEBSD_UPDATE=yes
WITHOUT_GAMES=true
WITHOUT_GCOV=true
WITHOUT_GPIB=true
WITHOUT_HTML=true
WITHOUT_I4B=true
WITHOUT_IPFILTER=true
WITHOUT_IPX=true
WITHOUT_LIB32=true
WITHOUT_LIBKSE=true
# Required for proper terminal locale
#WITHOUT_LOCALES=true
WITHOUT_LPR=true
WITHOUT_MAN=true
WITHOUT_NDIS=true
WITHOUT_NLS=true
WITHOUT_NS_CACHING=true
WITHOUT_OBJC=true
WITHOUT_PORTSNAP=true
WITHOUT_PPP=true
WITHOUT_PROFILE=true
WITHOUT_RCMDS=true
WITHOUT_SENDMAIL=true
# Knob needs to be fixed on systems that don't have the docs stuff
# preinstalled, e.g. 9.x bsdinstall images.
#WITHOUT_SHAREDOCS=true
WITHOUT_SYSINSTALL=true
# Telnet's a useful tool to have on the remote box.
#WITHOUT_TELNET=true
WITHOUT_WIRELESS=true
WITHOUT_WPA_SUPPLICANT_EAPOL=true

DEFAULT_VERSIONS=python=2.7