Re: firebox build fails post clang-3.4 merge

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 08:49:01 +0100
On 06 Mar 2014, at 01:08, Thomas Mueller <mueller6724_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>> Thanks for the fast work!  The patched solve the problem for me and I
>>> was able to install and run firefox on 11.0-CURRENT i386.
>
>> I have imported the upstream fix for this bug in r262809, and I will MFC
>> it after one week.  Happy Firefoxing. :-)
>
>> -Dimitry
>
> Does this mean the bug is fixed in 11-current?

Yes, the bug is fixed in 11-CURRENT, as of Subversion revision r262809.

> MFC?  Is that to 10-STABLE?  Your message is less than clear.

In FreeBSD, fixes are first applied to head (a.k.a -CURRENT), then
after a certain period they are merged to one more -STABLE branches,
depending on the type of fix.  This procedure is traditionally called
a Merge From Current, MFC.

In this particular case, I will merge the fix to both 10-STABLE and
9-STABLE.  Older branches do not have clang, so merging the fix to
them makes no sense.

> I figure if firefox build fails, the bug would affect some other ports as well.

Don Lewis already mentioned the libxul port, and in general, any port
based on certain parts of the Mozilla source tree could be affected.

-Dimitry