Re: reproducible panic every day at 03:02, probably triggered by daily periodic scipts - help

From: Anton Shterenlikht <mexas_at_bris.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 03:39:04 -0700 (PDT)
I've spent a lot of time on this.
At some point I started suspecting
disk failures, based on dd errors and smartmontools
reports. So I replaced the disks,
and then replaced the whole box for
another nominally identical SunBlade 1500.
The panics persisted.
I now think that multiple cold reboots
might have damaged disks, not the other
way round.

In the end I had to conclude that this
is not a hardware problem, but the OS issue,
perhaps triggered by some heavy disk I/O.

Various frequent panics exist at least from
r260689 to r263096:

r260689: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/186760
r260914: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=187219
r261798: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=187080
r263096: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=187527

I now reverted as far back as r258000, and
the system seems stable, but I probably
need few more days to be sure.

If the system is indeed stable at r258000,
when I have the time, I'll try to narrow
down the problem revision. But I'd appreciate
any hint that might save time.

Anton