Mounting ZFS with error 5 failed, since r271963 callout convert

From: Michael Schmiedgen <schmiedgen_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 21:21:53 +0100
Hi List,

my ZFS does not mount. I bifurcated to r271963 that
does not work anymore. The commit seems not directly
related to ZFS, but is rather a conversion from timeout(9)
to callout(9).

After booting the kernel it drops to the mount prompt,
stating that ZFS cannot be mounted because of 'error 5'.

Any hints? Can I provide some more information?

Thanks,
   Michael