Re: Mounting ZFS with error 5 failed, since r271963 callout convert

From: Ryan Stone <rysto32_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 17:29:30 -0400
On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Michael Schmiedgen <schmiedgen_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> my ZFS does not mount. I bifurcated to r271963 that
> does not work anymore. The commit seems not directly
> related to ZFS, but is rather a conversion from timeout(9)
> to callout(9).
>
> After booting the kernel it drops to the mount prompt,
> stating that ZFS cannot be mounted because of 'error 5'.
>
> Any hints? Can I provide some more information?
>
> Thanks,
>   Michael

The changes to the 3 files there look to be independent, so can you
narrow this down further by applying the patch to only a single file?
Of those three only ACPI looks like it could affect ZFS or disks, so
this will be the patch to try first:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/dev/acpica/acpi.c?view=patch&r1=271889&r2=271963&pathrev=271963

If you can get a verbose boot log from the machine that would be
helpful, but you'd need a serial console to capture that.